We’re looking for someone who is on their career journey towards CTO / Solutions Architect or similar. Is that you?
We need a Product Manager, to take Tharsus products through their full lifecycle, influencing the future of the business, with the role growing alongside the products
You will work closely with customers, internal stakeholders, and other colleagues to deliver a product that aligns with the business strategy and market needs, to a consistently high quality.
We are one of Europe’s fastest growing technology businesses, helping companies develop and manufacture emerging robotic and machine technologies to disrupt, lead and grow their markets.
From our ‘world-class’ Northumberland HQ facility, we’ve grown massively through well planned and sustainable year on year growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and innovation to join the team and progress with us as we continue to grow.
As part of this continued success, we are looking for a Product Manager to work with us taking our strategic machines to market.
Tharsus was listed as one of the fastest growing private tech companies in the Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100; was Employer of the Year in the 2020 Chamber Awards, and was crowned North East Business of the Year last year.
We have a great ‘can do’ culture, with our colleagues being given real responsibility early on in their careers.
We’re in an easily accessible location just off the A1 and A19 in Blyth, Northumberland.
What you’ll do:
- Working with our Product Owners you’ll also work closely with a great mix of internal stakeholders, customers and other internal teams to deliver a product to market that aligns with the business strategy
- You will be the one who is recognised as the expert in the business on the product, the market, relevant technologies and its competition
- Managing the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life – you’ll own that product roadmap
- You’ll typically launch products, provide insight, write high level documents, support colleagues delivering the product and manage feedback from customers
- Through this you’ll develop strong, long term relationships with our key product clients.
- You’ll analyse complex data and look for trends in the market and users' opinions and behaviours so that you can produce product requirements that fulfil the needs of the market and our customers
- You take regular trips to meet with contacts both in the UK and overseas
We’d love you to have:
- Experience is most important for success in this role, so you’ll already have learned Product Lifecycles and Product Management Principles. You may also have a degree in Business or Engineering and an MBA
- You’ll need experience as a Product Manager where you’ve gained an understanding that knowledge about your product's users and industry through working in-depth with different business functions. If you’ve done this within Logistics you’ll be ahead of the game already!
- A technical grounding so that you can understand technically complex products with both electro-mechanical and software components would be good
- You’ll be a great collaborator, leader and diplomat who is organised and able to work to deadlines and roadmaps. You’ll be an influencer and negotiator
- Clear and effective communication, presentation and facilitation skills practiced with a variety of stakeholders with different levels of seniority and knowledge
- The ability to analyse complex data and look for trends in the market and users' opinions and behaviour
- Decisiveness, vision, objectivity and the ability to support your decisions with facts and data
- Structured and clear thinking that means you’ll be able to prioritise a demanding workload and service multiple clients and stakeholders while working independently, getting things done in a fast-paced, multi-tasked work environment
- You’ll need to be able to travel within the UK for business purposes and for global travel you’ll need a valid passport
In return you’ll get:
You’ll get the chance to join a fast-growing business and be a contributing factor to its success where your achievement will be both visible and recognised.
We want colleagues to achieve and excel at every stage of their career so you’ll get the exposure needed to facilitate your journey to CTO / Solutions Architect or similar if that is what you are looking for!
You’ll be working on site at lot of the time and will combine this with regular trips to meet with contacts both in the UK and overseas
The opportunity to work throughout the business using your knowledge and skills while constantly exploring and developing on your ideas.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including the option to purchasing Additional Annual Leave, Bike to Work
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you’ll never have to work on your birthday